It’s been one of those weeks, people. The kind where Australia looks like a really good bet, but then your mother reminds you, oh so lovingly, that terrible, horrible, no good, very bad weeks happen Down Under too. Personally, my greener-grass vision usually involves me, a red convertible, a road sign saying “Welcome to California!” and no car seat in the back. But that’s just me. What’s your alter-ego bad day/week/month vision?
So, since I have nothing new/pithy/insightful/wonderful/inspiring to share, I’ll just turn the spotlight onto some other deserving links that I think are well worth your time. G’Day, Mate!
- For the Love of the Salt Shaker: A great post about why salt, the right salt, is actually healthy and how to pick the best type of salt to embrace. (Spoiler alert–that “sea salt” you shelled out extra cash for may not be doing all that much good.) Food for Thought: Is There Such a Thing as Healthy Salt? at Kitchen Stewardship.
- For the Love of Creativity: Love this article, and love, love, love this quote: ”The bounds of creativity extend far beyond the limits of a canvas or a sheet of paper and do not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before—colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter.” Health, Passion, Creativity at Steady Mom.
- For the Love of Little Artists: Finally, eye-catching solutions for all. that. artwork. that you just can’t throw away, but where to put one more scribbled page?! Celebrating Your Picasso at Daily Thred.
- For the Love of Less: I’m willing to bet that I’m not alone in my desire to have less stuff. I’m drowning in stuff. I love Small Notebook’s distinctions between “Stuff” and “Special Things.” This post is a great reminder about what’s important…and what’s not. Loosen the Grip of More Stuff at Small Notebook.
- For the Love of Pancakes: Mornings are still chilly around here, so a warm oven is a welcome magnet in my kitchen. Jenny of Nourished Kitchen shares a wholesome, healthy, and warming recipe for a crowd-pleasing baked pancake. A Recipe for Winter: Apple & Spice Dutch Baby Pancake at Nourished Kitchen.