Giveaway: bum genius 4.0 cloth diapers
I was a cloth diapering newbie when I first bought a stack of candy-colored nappies for a five-month-old Little Friend. When it came to diapers, I knew what “Pampers” and “Huggies” meant. But throw some cloth terms at me (pre-folds, inserts, snap-closure, all-in-ones, doublers), and a big huge “WHAT????” formed in a thought bubble above my head. Even Google couldn’t help me if I didn’t know where to begin.
I knew I wanted to begin saving money.
And that’s one of the greatest things about cloth diapers–every time I throw a load in the wash, I’m keeping a $20 bill tucked in my wallet for later. (I quickly found out that those aforementioned “Pampers” and “Huggies” had the nasty habit of snatching my twenties quicker than I could blink.) So I slowly compiled my research about cloth diapering, took the plunge into a soft, candy-colored world, and haven’t looked back once.
Once I managed to enlist Google’s help in researching cloth diapers, I found an enthusiastic (rabid, even?) crowd of mamas and papas out there willing to convert even the most skeptical diaper user to the religion of cloth. But I still couldn’t have done it without Happy Baby Company, gurus of the cloth diapering cult. With personal, customized shopping, and twice-monthly diaper orientations, Happy Baby Company can take the most ignorant, reluctant parent and have them rattling off cloth diapering terms (pre-folds, inserts, snap-closure, all-in-ones, doublers) like last week’s grocery list. It’s impossible not to switch to cloth if Adam and Lilli from Happy Baby Company are cheering from your sidelines.
When I bought diapers at HBC, Lilli held up a Bum Genius 3.0 and exclaimed it the most popular brand in the cloth diapering universe. I think a ray of golden sunlight may even have shone down on her head while speaking. Sixteen months and approximately 160 washes later, I can personally attest to the quality of Bum Genius all-in-ones. Truth be told, while Little Friend wears four different brands of diapers, the diapers I turn to first and most frequently have a tiny green and yellow Bum Genius tag flapping off of the side.
Why I’m a Bum Genius devotee (here it is in a nutshell):
- Bum Genius diapers operate most similarly to a disposable diaper–easy sizing with velcro tab closures–making them a comfortable choice for day care workers, church nurseries, or grandma.
- Bum Genius diapers hold up! I don’t know how BG does it, but the soft, flannel lining of the diaper stays soft and smooth, beating the competition by miles.
- Bum Genius diapers stay dry. Even on Little Friend, who insists on sleeping on her side, christening many a nap in a puddle of pee that leaked out the legs of her diapers. Except for Bum Genius. She has yet to wake up wet while snoozing in a BG.
- Bum Genius diapers just keep getting better. I own the Bum Genius 3.0, a version which earned many an accolade but also one niggling complaint about the velcro closure–it clogs up and gives out. While I’ve been diligent about picking out fuzz from the velcro teeth, I am just beginning to notice a lackluster-ness about my Bum Genius stick-to-it-ness. Along comes Bum Genius 4.0 and an updated velcro closure. Problem solved.
The Bum Genius 4.0 makes a number of improvements to an already great diaper. The 4.0 is longer and wider, pretty much guaranteeing even for larger babies that this diaper will see them through newborn to potty training years. (I dare you to find a Pampers with THAT kind of commitment!) In addition to swapping out the old velcro for grippier velcro, Bum Genius also makes it easier to switch out the elastic in the diaper, just in case yours goes a bit loose (hasn’t been a problem yet for me).
I think it’s a safe bet: whether you’re new to cloth diapering like I was (any WHAT???? bubble hanging above your head right now?) or a veteran, you’re going to like Bum Genius 4.0 diapers.
So. I’m jealous.
Two of you lucky readers are going to walk away with a FREE Bum Genius 4.0 cloth diaper, compliments of Happy Baby Company who just can’t keep their cloth diaper love to themselves. I’m lusting after these Bum Genius 4.0s as they sit here on my desk. But I’ll be good. I’ll pass on the love to y’all.
More praise for Happy Baby Company can be found at my review of the company.
—THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED—
Enter to Win a Bum Genius 4.0 Cloth Diaper
Here’s how to enter: Just click on the link below, visit the Happy Baby Company website, take a look through their products, and come back here to comment on what you’d most like to receive as a baby shower gift:
That’s good for one entry.
How to Get More Entries
Please note: you must write a separate comment for each extra entry! If you don’t make a comment for each extra entry, the entries WILL NOT BE COUNTED.
- Extra entry: Sign up to receive Happy Baby Company’s email newsletter (at the bottom of the left column), and leave a separate comment here telling me you did it.
- Extra entry: Stop by Happy Baby Company’s Facebook page and congratulate them–they have just welcomed a brand new baby boy to their family. Leave a separate comment here telling me you did it.
- Extra entry: Subscribe to Belle Squeaks via RSS or email (top of the right column) and leave a separate comment here telling me you did it.
- Extra entry: Leave a separate comment below telling me about your favorite baby or mama product. I’m always looking for new great stuff.
There are a total of 5 possible entries.
This contest will end Sunday, September 26th at 11:59 PM EST. The winners will be chosen via random.org. The winners will be announced on Monday September 27th on my blog. Winners will have 48 hours to contact me with their full names, addresses, and phone numbers. No purchase necessary to win. Good luck everyone!